Monday, August 23, 2010

an update (August 2010)

Dear all,

I still can't use facebook in China, so every time when i come to the UK, I write a short update, so that you know we haven't forgotten you, and at the same time, to make sure, that we haven't been forgotten either.

Jenny's part:

I started teaching German in a language school in Guangzhou, China, one month ago. I do enjoy teaching. Although I haven't spoken or read German since I left National, I did pick up the language very quickly. My students are mainly university graduates who plan to study in Germany in the near future. The big advantage of the job is that I don't have to sit in an office 8 hours a day, which is good for my back, and furthermore, I finish work at 3 pm if I have a class in the afternoon, so I can pick up Kai from the nursery myself and then have enough time to prepare the dinner, which is perfect.

I developed the hobby of photography from some point. My current gear is Canon EOS 450D. It's just an entry level digital SLR (Single-lens reflex) camera. I was exchanging skills with a professional photographer. I taught him English, and he taught me photography. We met once a week for a three-hour exchange session. We have been doing this for quite a while until he was far too busy with his job. I am still very interested in photography, and hoping to find a way to learn more when Kai goes to proper nursery this September.

I went to India with Jonathan in April. He was on a business trip and spent most of his time in the office in Gurgaon near Delhi. I travelled to Delhi, Rishikesh (the Yoga town), Haridwar (a holy town) and Agra (where Taj Mahal sits). Most of the time I travelled on my own, and I did enjoy staying in those beautiful places. Most of the people were very friendly, and I was always lucky to get help from others, while some of the people were dishonest and trying to take disadvantage from tourists, which is fairly typical. India, as a country, like their sarees, is very colorful in scenery and culture. Many people are having a hard life, but they seem to be very happy. I think I will go back again, and travelling alone, is not a bad thing to me.


(to be continued...)

No comments: